Events and Workshops
Events open to OKA+ Schools, Partners, and other interested educators:
OKA+ Statewide Conference
This is an annual one day conference featuring select breakout sessions from OKA+ Fellows and partners from across the nation, exhibitors vetted to have services with direct connection to A+ Essentials, and a variety of interesting other offerings that vary each year.
Arts Integration Workshops
These workshops take place in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City each year. They are designed to provide inspiration and practical classroom ideas in an afternoon. Topics and art forms addressed vary each year.
New schools are congratulated and Member Schools recognized at the State Capitol with opportunities for photos and networking with our legislators.
(Interested School Events are designed for schools interested in exploring membership in the OKA+ network.)
- Letter of Intent
- Pre-Institute 1 and Pre-Institute 2: Pre-Institutes give a brief introduction to network services and sample of OKA+ professional development. These afternoon workshops are held each December and January.
- Visits to OKA+ Demonstration schools and other events
Additional Events for member schools:
Summer Professional Development
- Year One: A five-day summer institute provides whole-school training which puts the A+ Essentials(tm) and philosophy into an experiential and shared context for the school.
- Year Two: A two-day Summer Conference is designed specifically for each school and based upon direct information and requests from the school in order to support the school's implementation of the A+ Essentials(tm) and philosophy.
- Year Three: A one-day Summer Conference is designed specifically for each school and based upon direct information and requests from the school in order to support the school's implementation of the A+ Essentials(tm) and philosophy.
- Beyond Year Three: Schools work with OKA+ to schedule as needed/requested.
Principals and Advocate Leadership Retreats
Principals and a school-identified Site Advocate are invited to participate in at least one overnight retreat annually.
New Teacher Training Retreats
Teachers newly hired or in new schools and unable to attend the Summer Institute are invited to a one day regional training.
On-site Professional Development
Consultations are offered each year, providing services based on the school's Category of Affiliation, mission, goals, needs assessments and requests.
Other Networking Opportunities
- Visits to other A+ schools
- Regional meetings or events open to all network schools each year
- Other networking events as determined by the network participants, such as principals’ dinners, teacher job swaps, grade level teacher meetings, etc.
- Partnerships with organizations to bring different but complementary resources or professional development to our schools.
Contact our office for more information about Events and Workshops.